Sunday, May 15, 2011

Spring Apéro


If paradise is half as nice... the past Wednesday I spent the evening at Dakini's Bar Zurich, where we were given the chance to browse through a selection of finest vintage pieces by Kimandra Vintage. In addition to the lovely clothes and accessories, the guests were spoiled with more than delicious noshes, such as a spicey mango-soup, canapés with a gorgonzola-red wine topping and shrimps-watermelon spits, by Vale Fritz. Utter heaven, don't you think so too?

A special highlight was most obviously the rucksack by nudestekker, which was especially designed for Kimandra Vintage and seduces with a wonderful batik pattern. With the rucksack, that is limited to only four pieces (!), comes a matching batik wraparound skirt. I was sipping on my mango-passionfruit-vodka-something-drink, listening to some sweet sixty tunes, brought to us by Tina, when I realized that a video, showing some stunning photos from the last Kimandra Editorial, was played. So basically each one of the human senses was being caressed!

But sure enough, such a delightful evening asks for a whole lot of preparation and so it came that until the very last minute before the first guests arrived we spent with steaming silk blouses, writing price tags and find the right wires for the DJ booth. But I guess that's how it's supposed to be, and a little bit of chaos adds just the right amount of authencity to such a happening.

Although it was spring in our hearts and wardrobes, the weather somehow didn't want to cooperate with us, and all of a sudden a torrential rain-shower swept over Zurich. I bet mother nature greatly appreciated this refresher! So I quickly finished my cigarette to not get totally drenched and as chance would have it I bumped into a charming young man... What more could I ask for? Nice company, even nicer food and the nicest dresses, skirts, blouses etc. pp.

Lots of love,

your Holly Golightly


P.S.: Some pictures will follow soon

1 comment: