Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Confidence Is The Balatrava

I was on my way to a meeting when I received the following phone call 'Do you want to have lunch with Nadine Strittmatter tomorrow?' As usual when food included, I agreed. So the next day I've found myself waiting with a friend (a really hung over friend) who I forced to join me at Zurich main trainstation. The well-dressed lad and his companionship arrived and we hopped onto the train. Destination? Suhr in Nowhereland. Well, actually it's a village in Aargau, which comes up to the same for me. Anyways, the drive there was great fun. We drove first class (obviously, this is how we do) and chitchatted about absurd movies and the possibilities of hijacking airplanes with mayonnaise. And we learned more about what was about to happen in Suhr. The Swiss Beauty concern Dobi presented their very first own line. And Swiss model Nadine Strittmatter turned out to be the brand ambassador. We walked by a house constructed by Calatrava. You heard me: the spanish architect who designed beauts as the Turning Torso in Malmö, Bac de Roda bridge in Barcelona and our beloved train station Stadelhofen in Zurich created an odd-looking building that reminded me of the Death Star in Star Wars in Suhr. Really, I have never ever in my life heard of Suhr before, but apparently there are indeed some things to see out there. Like But anyways, the event at dobi 'House Of Beauty' was fun. Well, at least we made the best out of what happened there and to be all honest, they could have done worse.The staff was very friendly, the food was excellent and the drinks did the rest. We also got the chance to sneak a peek at a store who is normally only accessible for beauty professionals. I'm sure gonna try the dobi repair shampoo and see how it works. I got introduced to nice people every once in a while so I even covered the subject 'networking'. A successful day in the countryside, but we sure were happy to get back to Zurich, spend our money on expensive make up we don't particularly need and on not so delicious vietnamese food. Eergh.


Nadine Strittmatter giving an interview to the dobi-dude Q: What means 'we dobi you' to you? A: 'I got shiny hair.' Nailed it!

Love
Holly

P.S. I bet the day would have been even better without this song playing on my mind on repeat. Thank you, Youtube, you evil plattform that will lead you to the dustiest parts on the web!

No comments:

Post a Comment