Friday, September 7, 2012

Petit Update

My beloved ones, there has been so much going on the past few weeks. Actually, it has been so much I don't even know exactly where to start. Upcoming projects have been planned, dresses have been sewed, money has been spent, great food has been eaten, tears have been laughed, work has been done (a lot!), books have been read and yes, I booked my modules for uni. I'll pick a few of the broached themes. Let's start off with the dress: After a rather crazy night-out, I started dreaming about a very special dress. Dark blue with satin straps that form a V-neck. Naturally, I couldn't find such a dress on the web, so I decided to go buy some fabrics and hit the needle again. I cooked a big can of coffee, grabbed my favorite Nina Simone vinyl and started sewing. Only a day after, my dress was done. For unspecific reasons, the weather gods didn't take notice of me sewing a breezily dress and decided to pour tons of rain all over Zurich. So I ended up wearing leather pants, dark blue knit and a beige blouse underneath on the next night in and about town.


The equipment.
The result.



The next topic. I need to tackle is the work. But this is gonna be a quick one, for I didn't do anything super-spectacular. I went to Zurich Open Air as a part of the official media team and it was good fun. I did some work (as interviewing Yann Tiersen and The Vaccines) and did a lot of dancing and whisky-drinking. Check.

My view at Zurich Open Air.
Mud-Massacre

And for last I want to tell you about the über-amazing book I've been reading. Because over all this madness going on in my little life, I definitely need some me-time where I cuddle up in a blanket, listen to some good ol' Otis Redding and Ella Fitzgerald, drink tea and read a good book. English Breakfast for the tea, Houellebecq for the book. To be more specific: The Map and The Territory by Michel Houellebecq. On the first look, it might seem like a plain novel about art, but the more you read, the clearer it gets: It is a book to get to know the author. There are so many parallels between the protagonist and the author, and this peaks when the author himself becomes an important part of the book. It's like in a Tarantino movie, where Tarantino takes a role for himself. But unlike the movies, it is way more complicated to do so in a novel. But Houellebecq manages to give the impression of reading an extremely interesting dialogue between the author and the protagonist. And this is when you only realize: It is not a dialogue between these two people for it's only the thoughts of one very person, which would be the author. And as far as I'm concerned, this is what makes a novel – it makes you forget that you're reading the thoughts of just one person. I'm enjoying life to it's fullest and I can't wait to tell you about my upcoming projects – but I guess y'all have to hang on a tiny bit longer and 'till then.

I send you all my love

Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment