Monday, October 7, 2013

Command Me To Stay

Have you ever experienced that feeling of being lost for words when meeting someone you haven't spoken to in ages? I'm experiencing this right now with you, my dear reader. It's been over a year since I've last reported on the excitingly normal things in life – and obviously I'd love to tell you about everything I saw, heard and felt during this year, but good gracious – time is short. So I decided I would just throw you in at the deep and tell you about last night. A few weeks ago an invitation for an event called 'Command me to stay' flew its way into my inbox. It turned out to be a pretty amazing night, but I'm ahead of my self. The invitation was sent to me by the lovely Claudia Nabholz who you might remember as Frau Meise. Purpose of this get-together yesterday was to show her Fall/Winter Collection (which is entirely produced in Switzerland!!). Sounds easy, I've been to shows before, right? So I grabbed my dear friend and headed to Zurich-based Hive Club. But I had no idea. The entire club was beautifully decorated and freed from the usual downsides of a nightclub (sherds, aggressively annoying strobe lights and EDM). Champagne was served, and while everyone else was eyeing the deliciously looking mini-muffins, I lusted after an adorable schoolgirl dress (unfortunately, my student budget wouldn't allow me to even look at the price tag. So dear dress, I love you but we can't be together.) After the hungry mouths were fed, a short movie, titled Command Me To Stay (which is also the name of the collection) was shown to the crowd. Right after that, the show started. But see yourself, the trailer is online!
CLAUDIA NABHOLZ - Herbst Winter 2013/2014 from king of trash on Vimeo.
What a pity I had to run off right after the show and couldn't chitchat to Claudia a little more and to make my farewells to the little blue Peter Pan- dress. Short and sweet is just my way. See you next time, I promise. Love, Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment