Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Big In Berlin

Oh me, oh my! My dear readers, you can't imagine how superexciting the past week was! I was invited to go to Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Berlin and so, I hopped onto a plane and flew to Berlin. I arrived and realized, I booked a hotel in a rather ghetto-area of Berlin, but look at me – I didn't get shoot in a drive-by shooting. So, on Wednesday I started the day with a bit of shopping and superquick manicure. After I did all the girly, I went down on the fashion. I went to see the A/W 2012/2013 collection of Dimitri, which was a bit boring. The Rebekka Ruetz show that followed was better, since they had very clean and fresh designs. The highlight of that day was surely the Lena Hoschek show, which had a strong french vibe going on and the chansons playing in the background made my heart start dreaming. But it was my first night in Berlin and I am a little coward, so I didn't do any of the atferparties that day but went strict to the hotel. I started the next day with a big coffee and got to know the ambassador of the Iran republic, who actually was very pleased with your Holly and wanted to invite her to dinner. But a girl about town has a pretty tight schedule her own. So I kindly refused and took a look at the Don't Shoot The Messengers collection. It was all kept in black and used accessory to make each outfit a bit dangerous.

But the fashion wasn't the only risky business that day – it was literally pouring with rain. And, as usual, I didn't had anything to protect my lacy hairdo. Luckily, there was a gentleman who offered me his umbrella. He turned out to be the designer of Mykita. We waved goodbye and I rushed off to see the Hugo by Hugo Boss fashion show. And it was truly amazing. Guess what, turtlenecks are coming back and I couldn't be happier about this fact (I admit, I have a thing for the turtlenecked man). But not only the male models looked hot. Two words: Jared Leto! I was literally star-struck (a bit embarrassing, I know) and then, poof, all the celebs just came popping up: Pixie Geldof, Georgia May Jagger, Juliane Moore, Eva Padberg. The list goes on. After a few other showd (ethical fashion – well, let's not talk about this), Perret Schaad showed his new collection. I was seated right behind german Vogue editor in-chief Christiane Arp, who had the same naildo as me – TWINSIES! And guess who else I met there again? Right, the gentleman with the umbrella. And as you should never upset fate, we went for dinner together. He magically already booked a table at red-hot restaurant Dudu at Torstrasse, and introduced me to his friend, a shoedesigner from New York (I know – shoedesigner and New York: match made in heaven!) I was given the nicest finger ring ever and discovered the craziest ice cream flavours: bacon? Green tea? First not so yummy, second pretty yummy. Okay, next day was packed with more shows. Unfortunately, most of them were boring again (apart from Vladimir Karaleev and Hien Lee – each piece was party of my imaginary dream wardrobe and Karaleev had just about the coolest playlist ever: Lil Wayne and The Beatles? Yes sir!)

Saturday: loved Issever Bahri, skipped Noir and avoided Indian Designers. I couldn't deal with all the attention whores at the shows, trying to seem important but not paying any attention to the shows, which is so rude. (Yes, I'm talking about you, son of a famous actor and ex-wife of a football player!) On Sunday I met up with a lovely friend of mine, had lots of coffee and went to see the Dalí exhibition at Potsdamer Platz. I cannot express how much I enjoyed travelling alone to Berlin, but there are no words. Even if I try, I could never fully review such an amazing 5-days-stay in just one post.


Your deliriously happy Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment