Thursday, December 8, 2011

Vengeance Is Sweet

Is it only me or do you sometimes dream about fashion, too? Seems like the fashion-overstimulation that we're exposed to each and everday has an effect on my dreaming habits. Anyways, it happened last week again and I've found myself wearing a dreamy, dark green velvet dress with a lace collar. I got up wondering where I could find a dress like the one from my dream but I couldn't find a similar one on the internet (how is that even possible? There is everything on the internet, even a coffee cup that looks like a toilet BUT THE DRESS I AM LOOKING FOR IS HARDER TO FIND THAN NARNIA?). Impatient as I am, I simply had to get it. No really, I had to or else I could have never loved another dress again. Problem: Clear idea of what kind of dress I was looking for, but cruel reality spiked my guns and wouldn't let me find one. So I rushed out off my house and made my way to a fabric store, where I bought green velvet fabric and lace. You'll probably know already where this is gonna end: I made myself a dress.

I'd love to tell you how much effort and time I invested in it, but to be all honest, I just dashed into doing this. I didn't use any measurements nor the very best technique. There was a point in the first night of sewing it where I thought I couldn't make it: I forgot to put an elastic strip into the top of the dress, than I decided to cut it open and sew in a zipper. Well, I didn't quite succeed with that, so I threw it into a corner and went to bed. The next day I decided to give it another go and put on the sliced dress and, surprise, it looked amazingly good! The part where I planned on sewing a zipper in, turned out to work very good as a low back neckline. WIN! Chance to show off my tattoo, muhaha. Another tricky part were the sleeves, and I've got the impression that they still don't have quite the same length. Actually, I wouldn't want it any different, because its charme comes from its imperfection. And that's exactly what gives something edges and character.

I wore the dress on friday night, paired with suede boots and a leopard satchelbag,and it surely worked his part pretty well, I could feel the heartbreaker gazing at it. I obtained satisfaction and am now the proud owner of my dream-dress. Nice results from a weekend, init?


Lots of love,

your Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment